beginning

How we began…

In 1940 a missionary, Harold Lewis, held a tent campaign and from that started a regular children’s meeting and adult Church meeting in a hut on the site of our Youth Hall and bookshop. The present Church building was built by the people themselves and the first floor opened in 1955.

Many people have become followers of Jesus Christ over the years, their lives being changed by his grace and the work has expanded. So for over 70 years the Church has served God and this community.